Saturday, June 27, 2009

Home again, Home again, Jiggity Jig

Barrett and I have been enjoying a super lazy/relaxing weekend together.  Last weekend he and his dad played in a Father son golf tournament in Jackson and I flew home to Pennsylvania.  
After the first 2 days of play Barrett and his dad were tied for 1st place in their division.  Sadly they finished 5 under par (which is good but the winners were 40 under).  Man, Shankapotamous!
I went up to PA because my mom just had surgery on her food and I want to go home to visit and help out a little bit.  I had a great time.  I got to hang out with my mom and watch a ton of movies.  I also got my hair done at my mom's good salon (I am now a red-head), I had coffee with Leah, and got to visit my old vet clinic.  It was a good relaxing few days that I got to cut class for.  
We've been busy since coming back to starkville.  I love leaving town but then I always have a bunch of cleaning and laundry to do once back.  I finally got that all done today and I got caught up on some school stuff.  
We also took a cue from Wimbledon and played some tennis this evening.  Barrett always beats me, usually by a lot.  Tonight he still beat me but it was 6-3 instead of 6-0, so I guess I'm improving.  

On a scary side note about school, I spent $179 today on the VetPrep study site.  This is scary not only because of how much money i dropped but because I realize that the NAVLE is only 6 months away!!  I am going to have to drop about $700 more getting registered for the NAVLE and the MS state boards.  This is stupid because I have to sign up for MS state boards in order to take the NAVLE here even though I know I'm going to be practicing in another state, probably Ca.  Please pray for me because I am terrified to take this test (as I'm sure everyone is).  

No comments:

Post a Comment