Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Birthday Fun

I'm finally getting caught up on sharing all the fun things we've been doing over the past month. On my birthday we had such a great day. Barrett and I started the fun with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It also happened to be National Cheesecake day so we got half off our dessert there. Then we went to the Georgia Aquarium with Matthew and Lauren. This aquarium has some awesome exhibits that you can't find anywhere else like the Whale Sharks.










After the aquarium Barrett made reservations for us at a fabulous Italian restaurant. It was a surprise so I didn't even know where we were going until we got to La Grotta. It was so good and had a great atmosphere!

For Barrett's birthday we had a more relaxing day. I woke up early and made him breakfast. Then I made a chocolate espresso cheesecake for later that night. The cake was kind of a disaster. I have made cheesecake before and it worked out but this time the hour that it was supposed to cook for was way too long because it cooked too long and cracked and partially caved in. Barrett said that it tasted good but I didn't really like it. At least my dinner of Chicken Enchiladas turned out good.


No comments:

Post a Comment