Thursday, March 24, 2011

Officially a Runner

I ran a 5K last weekend! For a girl who has asthma and always thought that she couldn't run this is a big deal. I have always enjoyed sports but have never been very good at them and I used to get winded after a very short period of exercise.
I decided to start running last year after watching Barrett and his family complete several half-marathons. I also desperately wanted to lose weight and get in shape.
So here I am, after slowly building up my milage I made a break-through and ran 3 miles just 1 week before the 5k.

Starting Line - Publix Run Wild 5k

Here I am getting ready to start

Finishing the race, very tired after all those hills

Its now less than 1 week after the race and today I ran 4 miles, yippee for getting more milage. The end goal (for now) is to run a half-marathon next february.

No comments:

Post a Comment